- 4 thick-cut slices prosciutto (1⁄3pound)
- Selection of salami-styled cured meats (1⁄3 pound)
- 2-inch wedge of pâté, country or mousse or both
- 1/2 pint cornichon pickles
- 1/2 pint mixed olives
- 1 baguette, cut into 1⁄2-inch-thick rounds
Prepare a platter. Cut the prosciutto into 1-inch-thick strips crosswise and arrange on one section of the platter. Continue with precut salami slices or cut 1⁄4-inch rounds from a whole salami and arrange on the platter along with the pâté. Either lay the pickles and olives alongside the meats or place in small bowls on the platter. Serve with the sliced baguette.