- 2 cups baby Brussels sprouts, washed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce paste
- 3 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil (grapeseed, canola or rice)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large sauté pan or ovenproof wok, heat the oil to high. Add Brussels sprouts to pan and cook until brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
Place pan in oven for 5 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and remove Brussels sprouts. Place garlic and ginger in the same pan and sauté on low heat until soft, 3–5 minutes.
Add both soy sauces and cook for 2 minutes. Add fish sauce, lime juice and sambal and cook for another 2 minutes.
Place Brussels sprouts back in pan and coat with sauce.
Serve warm, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds.