- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tart apples, cored and chopped to bite-sized pieces (unpeeled)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ tablespoon almond oil (optional)
- ½ cup spearmint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix together the Brussels sprouts, apples and onions in a large mixing bowl with the oil(s). Toss in the fresh mint, season with the salt and pepper and combine until all ingredients are well mixed.
Place the mixture in a heavy-bottom ceramic or glass roasting dish and roast for about 25–35 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts and onions start to caramelize slightly. Shuffle and toss the sprouts a few times during the process to allow for even cooking.